The Neo's 1064nm laser light is attracted to a combination on melanin, hemoglobin, and water within the skin tissue. The laser passes through the epidermis and selectively targets specific tissue structures without affecting the surrounding skin.
Does it Hurt?
We have found that the level of discomfort varies depending on several factors:
The area that is receiving treatment. Some areas are more sensitive than others.
Individual Tolerance. Everybody has their own threshold of tolerance.
Skin and Hair type. Coarse Hair might cause more discomfort than fine hair.
Overall, laser hair removal causes very little discomfort in comparison to waxing. If you have concerns we can prescribe numbing cream, although we have found that most of our Guests do not require it.
Gentle Lase Laser Hair Removal
Laser or Intense Pulsed Light used safely and effectively to destroy hair follicles beneath the surface of the skin. The treatment may be performed on any area of the body and on any skin type if the correct source of light is used. Treatments are spaced 3-6 weeks apart. Common areas of treatment for men and women include the legs, chest, face, abdomen, back, bikini line and underarms.
How Much does it Cost?
Treatment costs vary with the size of the area treated, the hair and skin type, and the number of treatments that will be required. For instance, the cost to do a man's chest varies depending on how much hair is present, and where. If the hair is course, it might take more treatments. For the most part, laser hair removal will cost you less in the long run than razors, shaving cream, waxing, etc.; not to mention the time saved year after year. Since the cost of laser hair removal is very individualized it is important to schedule a complimentary consultation to review your needs with one of our Guest Services experts.
Who performs the treatments?
All of our treatments are performed by Medical Professionals who are extensively trained in laser hair removal, and our location is under the supervision of a physician. We also have an external training program, certification process and continuing education requirements.
Is it Permanent?
After extensive testing, the FDA approved lasers for permanent hair reduction in 1995. Since the technology has not been around for a lifetime yet, it would be misleading to say that laser hair removal lasts a lifetime. One thing is for sure, once you visit Pristine Image Day Spa, you will meet staff members and see testimonials from people who have not waxed, tweezed or shaved in years! Clearly, it's effective or we wouldn't be in business!!!
Who is a candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
At Pristine Image we have FDA approved lasers to accommodate different skin tones. Our current clients include all different skin colors and ethnicities. Darker hair is treated more effectively while treatments performed on red, blonde, and gray/white hair are generally not effective. It is important to schedule your no obligation, complimentary consultation to see for yourself if Pristine Image is right for you.
What are your Pre and Post Hair Treatment Expectations?
Pre Hair Removal Treatment Expectations
1. Do not wax, tweeze or use hair removal creams at anytime during the treatment.
2. We may prescribe a compounded anestitic numbing cream. Apply a small amount of cream to the area and rub in thoroughly. If you are applying this cream to your legs, (thighs or lower legs, but not both) your full back, your full chest or both arms, DO NOT use it on any other body area on the same treatment date. Legs, backs, chests and arms requiring medication must each be treated on separate dates. Other areas not requiring this medication may be treated on the same date. This prescription should last for most or all of your treatments. Pregnant and nursing mothers can not use numbing cream. Inform us of any pre-existing heart conditions.
3. It is important to stay out of the sun for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to treatment. This includes tanning beds and self-tanning creams. We cannot treat anyone with a sunburn or fresh tan.
4. Please shave the area to be treated within 24 hours before your treatment. We can do a little touch up but shaving large areas is best done in the comfort of your home.
5. It is best not to wear make up on an area to be treated; but you can always remove it before your laser session. ALL skin products MUST be removed thoroughly prior to laser treatment.
6. Guests undergoing bikini line hair removal should wear a narrow cut panty or swim suit.
7. If the area we are treating requires disrobing, you will be given a towel to drape yourself. In general, most clients are able to keep some or all of their clothes on during the procedure.
8. Please be on time for your appointment. We make every effort to ensure our Guests do not have to wait. We reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you are late or have not complied with the pre-treatment instructions.
9. We recommend that you not use Retin-A two weeks prior to treatment if the Retin-A product causes skin irritation or inflammation in the area. You may resume Retin-A after your laser treatment unless your skin is irritated from the laser. In that case, we recommend waiting until your skin returns to normal following laser treatment.
10. Prior to your appointment, please make arrangements with someone to watch your children since they cannot be in the room with the laser due to the chance of exposing their eyes to the laser.
11. If you are on or have been on antibiotics within two weeks of your appointment please let us know before coming to your treatment because some antibiotics are photosensitive and can cause burns or sensitivity.
Laser treatments substantially improves the appearance of the skin while restoring collagen to the affected area. Skin will be left feeling smoother with a significant difference in the visibility of acne and acne visible scars!
Offers a noninvasive treatment that promotes collagen and restores youthfulness to the skin. This not only affects the appearance of your skin, it will also stimulate the elasticity of your skin to fill in wrinkles. A small beam of light is all it takes to reduce spots and wrinkles!
Laser treatments help remove pigment and can diminish pigmented lesions such as these as well as birthmarks. After just a couple treatments, your skin will display a more even and uniform skin tone!
LipoMelt is a Non-Invasive alternative to Liposuction.
The unique wavelengths of LipoMelt stimulates fat cells to release their contents which is then easily and naturally eliminated by the body. It also uses unique light to increase collagen and elastin formation while contouring the body and creating a slimmer appearance.
What can patients expect during a LipoMelt session?
During the treatment, the patient will be placed lying down on a treatment table. Special pads will be positioned in strategic places on their body as they simply enjoy a relaxing 20 minute session.
How does LipoMelt work?
The unique light emitted from LipoMelt causes the fat cell membranes to temporarily alter the permeability of the cell wall. This brief change allows some of the fat contents to seep out to where it can then be processed by the body.
What happens to the fat?
After being released, the fat is broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol and enter the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, the fatty acids can be either used as fuel or quickly eliminated by the body.
LipoMelt is also known as the “Trifecta Laser” for these 3 benefits:
-Healing to the body
What areas of the body can be treated?
The LipoMelt treatment can be effectively used on essentially every part of the body where localized fat deposits exist that are resistant to diet and exercise. This includes the face, neck, waist, hips, upper legs, thighs and upper arms.
What risks or side effects are involved?
There are no risks or side effects involved in using LipoMelt. It is considered a safe alternative to invasive procedures such as traditional liposuction. The LipoMelt treatment is 100% non-invasive and does not cause any bruising or scarring.
Do patients have to follow a diet?
No changes are required... but your patients can expect better results if they reduce their caloric intake somewhat and increase their water consumption to 8-10 glasses a day. Meanwhile, reducing alcohol consumption will help the liver.
Do patients have to exercise?
Each of your patient’s sessions should be followed by at least 10 minutes of exercise to stimulate circulation and help burn the fat that has been released. Our facility provides a choice of an exercise session OR 10 minutes on our full body vibration platform.
Does LipoMelt help with cellulite and loose skin?
Clients undergoing LipoMelt have noticed an improvement with cellulite as well as skin tone and texture.